Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Another Surprise

Last weekend my parents were here from out of state to celebrate ALL of our families birthdays. On Sunday, my husband surprised me, one more time. He had arranged to "take me away" on an over night trip to Southwestern Wisconsin to stay overnight in a very nice resort near House on the Rock. My parents, of course, stayed with the kids...isn't that awesome??!!

Well, because we had an ice/snow storm coming in Sunday night, we didn't stay over night, but we had a great day trip to The House on the Rock. I had gone there when I was a child but didn't remember how dark and depressing the house was... the house was going through several phases of remodeling right now and we were smack dab in the middle of the 1st phase of remodeling.

We made the best of it, considering John left his coat in the car and it was about 40 degrees in the house. It was a very quick tour that still took nearly 45 minutes. We managed to talk and laugh and then laugh some more. Especially after seeing this lovely paperweight collection disguised as a coffee table ...


Then there was the "infinity room". This room is a platform that jets off the side of the house over the forest below. I took a picture of their "picture". This is what the infinity room looks like from outside.


Did I tell you that my husband thought it was funny to walk out to the end and then jump up and down to make the room shake??? That was enough to send me running back into the house....as soon as my legs would work again. Did I mention that I am NOT very fond of being high in the air with nothing under me to support me??? What a joker, hey???


We couldn't believe all of the wildlife we saw on the trip, so I had to stop and take a picture...here's a deer and 2 turkeys...one is actually IN the tree. How cool!


We finished up our trip by eating at "The Machine Shed". We just ordered some soup for dinner so we could order this for dessert...YUM. Apple dumpling with cinnamon ice cream!


Thanks to my Mom and Dad for stepping into our life for a few days and running kids around so we could go on this fun day trip!! and thanks to my hubby for planning it!! Jill

No comments: