Tuesday, February 12, 2008

40


by guest Blogger, Husband John....

Well, this is my first time Blogging but under the cicumstances of this monumental day, I had to take a shot at it.

This week Jill has been talking to the kids about how old she thought forty was when her parents reached that milestone. (Of course I only heard stories about my parents before they were forty) Anyway, it doesn't seem that old to us anymore. Given my two plus years of experience of being labeled "over the hill", I will offer my the following observations as the wise old sage of the family at the end of this update.

During the month of February, Ben has been conducting a science experiment on the aging process of the white seedless grape under different environments. A special thanks to our corporate sponsor Oil of Olay for providing the funding for this experiment.

We have selected 2 pairs of grapes (2 were selected to protect the project from any mishaps like Bella eating one and thus ruining weeks of effort). The four environments are: (a) Refrigerator on Napkin (b) Southern Exposed Window Ledge on napkin (c) Southern Exposed Window Ledge in enclosed plastic container with water (d) Linen Closet on Napkin. Results to date are as follows:









So, as part of our Birthday Blog Contest, you may decide which numbered pair (1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8) lines up with which environment. Submit your guess on Blog response or E-mail. Answers will be provided at the end of the week.

Well I was thinking, Ben's grape experiment kind of describes aging (sort of...much more slowly of course...well maybe not if you use Oil of Olay) Jill and I have been a couple now for about 22 of her forty years and I have noticed some changes. So here I go into dangerous territory...

In the Bible the Apostle Paul wrote in 2 Corinthians 4 that we have Treasures in Jars of Clay...(verse 16) "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."

Paul is right, on the outside there has been some wasting away, but what excites me is that I can look back over our twenty plus years together and tell you that my beloved wife is being renewed day by day in love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. That's exciting to me! So bring on the forties and I am glad my wife has finally joined me in the next decade of life.

By the way, I still think she's Hot too. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A) 7,8
B) 5,6
C) 3,4
D0 1,2

PBL Athletics said...

Jill,
Happy 40th! I can't believe we are this old! (Well, ok, I guess I'm not quite as old as you, but it's just around the corner for me too!) I thought of you all day today.......hope your day was a happy one!
Love ya,
KJ