Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Works for me!

I walked into my friends home a few years ago and was overwhelmed by the delicious smell that came from her kitchen. She was making granola. I new immediately that I needed the recipe. It's so good to put on yogurt or ice cream...I've even been known to just grab a handful and plop it into my mouth!! Piggy, I know. Here's the recipe.

Granola
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups wheat germ
3/4 cup coconut
1 heaping cup of walnuts, chopped (I use pecans)
1 lb. 5 oz. canister of regular oatmeal

Mix all together and add

1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water

Stir

Put in a couple of 9x13 pans and bake @ 325 for 1 hour... STIR EVERY 15 MINUTES!!
Be careful that it doesn't burn in the last 10 minutes. Enjoy!!! Jill

Oh.....big news coming tomorrow.... here's a hint....









`

No comments: