Friday, September 7, 2007

What to do, what to do???

So many people have been asking me if I have been enjoying being "child-free" during the day. All I can say is yes, yes and yes!! It's amazing that when I clean up the kitchen after breakfast, it stays that way!!! I can start laundry early in the morning and have it done by 9 a.m. because I'm not distracted!

Yesterday, I had chased the vacuum around the house and had gotten our daily laundry done so I felt like I could afford to pick up and go on an adventure with a friend. My friend and I traveled over the river and through the woods to a NEW place...I'm talking it opened last week new!! We ventured to....



Oh, we were SO smart. We bucked the system for registering for a membership. Instead of waiting in the LONG lines to get a membership before you even entered the store, we entered the store with the paperwork, filled it out as we shopped and then they processed our memberships right at the cashier as we checked out!! Yes, I have a college education and it was perfectly legal!!!!

We had fun looking at all of the different items that you could buy in bulk... a 15 pack of macaroni and cheese--love it!! We did see some strange and scary things too...imagine this.....right next the a "baby Jesus manger set."



Our shopping excursion lasted about 2 hours and we had planned to have a nice, girlie lunch but to tell ya the truth, we had a WONDERFUL selection of samples from just about every food aisle....we really didn't need any lunch!! Oh my, too much fun!! Here's what we bought...

I thought we did really well, we showed great restraint. I would and could have used the giant 3 pack of ketchup bottles, and the 300 pack of paper plates WILL be in my cart next time. For now I guess, we'llslam down the hatch, get in the car, and travel back to the country. What a FUN day!! Jill

No comments: