Thursday, September 20, 2007

Bella

Well, do you think you know what's happening later today??? Was your guess correct?? I bet it was~~
It's a long, drawn out story but let's just say that a friend of a friend moved to town and wanted to get rid of their yellow lab. We decided that we would take it. Then we'll say that the friend decided NOT to give up the dog and some kids around here (mom too) were pretty sad about that. Then after a week and a half of spending the day in a super quiet house, with a deaf, 14 year old dog, I decided to visit our local humane society just to see what was there.

Needless to say, there were puppies galore, a few older dogs, and this one very cute 6 month old pup yellow lab pup that caught my attention. I read her information and found out that she was a purebred, she was good with kids, AND she was 98 % potty trained!!!! I knew that I didn't have it in me to get a young pup, because I would be up at night again-ugh! I went home and told hubby about this wonderful opportunity and he was "on board." After filling out the 2 page adoption application form and nearly having to have them draw blood, do a background check, etc. We were accepted to be her new family. I've been visiting her each day and "loving her up." I really do think the staff at the Human society is sick and tired of seeing my excited "mug". So, yesterday she was spayed at the facility and today I can pick her up. I AM SO EXCITED!! It's like bringing home a new baby!
I think John is grateful that it is just a pup and NOT a new baby!! hee, hee!

Here's a picture of she and I during one of our visits at the Humane society... This is BELLA



I'll post another picture later today after she gets settled in to her new home. Oh what a homecoming we have planned!! The kids are excited!! Jill

No comments: