Thursday, September 13, 2007

He lost his way

Things around here are at a nice "cruising pace." Everyone is enjoying school and we're keeping busy, but not too busy. I had no idea what I was going to post here this morning until about 7:00 last night when I went into the garage to take Andrew to Youth group. I heard this buzzing noise as I stepped into the garage. As soon as I looked up, I saw that we had a visitor that was trapped in our garage...Mr. Hummingbird!

He was a BEAUTIFUL critter that had lost his way. Of course I ran and got the camera to capture the moment. Here he is...



Poor thing, he kept buzzing around hitting his little head on the ceiling of the garage. "Go up, Go up, to get out" his little bluish, greenish body was telling him, when he really needed to go down to fly under the garage door. All the excitement, I'm telling ya!

As usual, my hero, John, saved the day by trying to shoo him out of the garage with a broom. He was careful alright--these guys are delicate. Just as he was shoo-ing him out, the tiny bird landed on the very tip of the broom and John gave him a safe ride to the outdoors! Whew!! Can I really afford such excitement at the end of the night???? Jill

No comments: