Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Birthday Celebration...

Luke's celebration started by having Mom deliver lunch from Dairy Queen. How special did he feel eating a "chicken strip basket" while the others were eating a "monkey meat" sandwich (only kidding) and vegetables!!! Even the aroma, as I traveled down the hall with the bag, could attract a crowd.


He was having a great lunch until the whole cafeteria started singing happy birthday to him...

I think he wanted to crawl into the box with the chicken strips!!!


As usual, birthday boys/girls get to pick what we have for dinner--his choice...
Taco casserole with mandarin orange jello!!


Did I mention that Luke wore his costume to school today....he was #80 for the Green Bay Packers....Donald Driver. "Hmmmm," I told Luke. "but Donald Driver isn't (ahem) a caucasian." He paused a moment and said... "Oh, I'm Donald Driver with make up on." He cracks me up!!

Anyway, back to the story. Last night we ate dinner opened presents and then at 7:30 we decided to carve our pumpkins... a decision that was a little late considering Anna had to be in bed in an hour. Well, we laughed and giggled our way through carving and finally got to lighting the candle on Luke's birthday cake at around 9:00. I knew it was going to be a late night... Here's Luke with his special cake--he specifically asked for "angel cake." (angel food cake) As you can see, I'm not a professional cake decorator...quit laughing, I know it's lame!!! But he liked it!!


Stay tuned tomorrow for pictures of the pumpkin carving.....a sight to be seen! Jill

No comments: