Friday, April 20, 2007

Can an old dog learn new tricks??


Yesterday morning I spent a majority of my time placing boundary flags for our new, wireless dog fence. As soon as hubby got home he helped me train our OLD dog (14yrs.)not to cross the "line". Well, she's hard of hearing so she's not hearing the beeps when she's in the boundary zone--that's a problem. (but hubby is trained very well!) Also, the collar is not giving her the small static shock when she walks over the boundary. Did I spend lots of money to have this dog fence sit in my garage unused??? Will she be able to overcome her age and learn to fear the flags??? Will she ever stop roaming off of our property to go potty?? I guess we'll pray for patience and work really hard this weekend. Will an old dog learn new tricks? I guess it's possible because I am now writing this blog!! Have a great, WARM weekend!! Jill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill and family, I am really enjoying your web site. Keep it up. Brandon got his second turkey of the season this morning. He is really interested is hunting. Makes his dad take him and won't let him get out of it.

Again, I love hearing all your news. PS. Uncle Dave has been catching lots of crappie. Margaret