Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Watermelon



Luke stayed home from school yesterday because his asthma was acting up and he was coughing a lot. During the morning, I carved a watermelon (his favorite) so he could have some for lunch. I put the watermelon rinds in a big bowl and politely asked him to dump them into the woods behind our home. He had no problem doing that for me!

After about 10 minutes, he wasn't back in the house so I peeked out the back windows of the house to see what he was doing. It couldn't possibly take 10 minutes to dump the rinds in the woods!! Well, what I found was Luke picking up each piece of rind, looking at it and taking several bites and then throwing it into the woods.(Did I mention that he likes watermelon?) He came back to the house with a BIG smile on his face and drips on his shirt! YUM! Jill

No comments: