Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Visitors



Our friends, The Dykstra's came to visit from Chicago. The visit was too short, but it was wonderful...they are such good friends. John and Tom were friends and classmates at the University of Iowa and Wendy and I became friends because we were always stuck with each other while the guys went golfing. It turns out that Wendy and I had quite a bit in common and really enjoyed each other's company. I might even go as far to say that we are probably closer friends than the guys are now (at least we talk more often.)

Our kids call each other "cousins" and always have a blast together. Here they are in the boys bedroom playing Guitar Hero....and singing very badly, I might add....
The guys went golfing (imagine that), and the kids, Wen and I had a little lunch on the patio....it was such a gorgeous day....now, who invited the bees???

No comments: