Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Works for me Wednesday

Yesterday I stayed home all day because we got a new one of these installed...isn't she a beauty??


While at home,I happened to stumble upon a recipe that people are raving about on the internet, so I just had to try it out. It was a recipe for Oatmeal Crispie cookies. They are yummy! Just look and see.... (mine turned out a little flat)


Here's the recipe...

Oatmeal Crispies
1 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
3 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Mix together the shortening and both sugars, add eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix flour salt and baking soda. Mix thoroughly. Then, add flour mixture to the shortening mixture and mix thoroughly. When mixed well, add oats and nuts (optional). Chill dough for 30 minutes. (I didn't-maybe that's why they're flat) Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Enjoy!!
These work for me!!! Jill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Good looking cookies! Try adding a little more flour and they will puff a little more. Cookie tip I learned: If they are sticky to the touch add more flour until they aren't. Works for me!