Thursday, December 13, 2007

My new best friend

Hey, I wanted to show you my new best friend.


My need for this new friend came a few months ago when I took Bella to the park to meet a friend and her dog. Our dogs got so carried away playing with each other that Bella wasn't listening when I would call her and she actually took off into a nearby subdivision. Not a good thing.

I went to our local Cabela's and described the problem that I was having and they fixed me up with this "miracle". It's called an "E-collar." That's a politically correct name for a "remote-controlled shock collar."

We trained her and made sure that she new the command "Come" and put the e-collar on her and have had no problems with her running away. If she runs too far away and I want her to come back, I just yell "Bella, Come." If she doesn't respond, I hit the button that says "page" which means it will vibrate her collar to get her attention. She has been very receptive to the vibration and she has come back each and every time. We haven't even needed to use the "nick" or the "continuous" shock feature. This collar has given us the freedom to take her places that we wouldn't normally go, or wouldn't normally do in fear of her running away. It makes us all happy campers!
Jill

No comments: