Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I'm a cheap date

Yes, it's a snow day here and as usual my oldest was up at 5:30am and then went back to bed only to find that he couldn't sleep...I really have to realize that he's a morning person. By 6:10, the neighbor had already called and they had made plans to sled and snow board this morning. I quickly told him "You might want to wait until the sun comes up in an HOUR!!" I just love being sarcastic like that!!! Anyhoo, it will definitely be an interesting day.

Because Hubby works for the local electric company, he found out about an unusual open house that was taking place last Saturday from 12-4. He thought it would be really fun to drive an hour to take a tour of a WIND FARM. Hmmmmm. Because I clearly have all of my Christmas shopping done, gifts wrapped, Christmas cards out and have a perfectly clean house...(NOT) we need to take off and see this wind farm. I decided that the above could wait and it might be fun to trap, I mean talk, to my hubby in the car, uninterrupted for at least an hour.

Oh my goodness, out in the middle of nowhere, we pulled up to the open house and we saw this.....


It was a blade from one of these....it was 34 feet long!! WOW!


How impressive!! We walked into a garage type building to see the rest of the displays....just info about how the actual wind turbines are constructed...and just how quiet they are... My hubby was in his element. He just chatted about the fact that his company just paid out big bucks to buy more parts for these wind turbines and that it was a great and very interesting project. I just smiled, held his hand and drank the free hot chocolate that they had provided. At the end of the open house, we had a chance to sign one of the rotors that would be going up in the area. Hubby signed it too. How cool was that??


All in all, it was an interesting thing to do....much better than vacuuming and dusting!! I guess I am a cheap date!! Jill

No comments: