Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Middle School Dance

On Friday afternoon from 3:15 until 6:00, I spent my time at our local school, chaperoning the dance. I figured that I would walk around with my ruler, making sure that these 6th, 7th and 8th graders were staying 12 inches apart on the dance floor. Well, to my surprise, I didn't have to do much of anything-- I did, however, have to walk up to a gentleman who had another in a headlock and ask him "Is that a new dance move?" That's all it took to break up the aggression!! By working at the dance, I've figured out the formula for having a successful one. Here goes...

Have plenty of caffeine to drink...

Eat lots of sugar...

and have lots of LOUD music...

and throw in a few "Twist contests"


Slow dances.. (with your friends)


The Hokey Pokey...


and a little of this when you don't want to dance...


The D.J. did a good job of playing a variety of music, although there were a few songs that I couldn't, just couldn't dance to.....where only a head bob would work. (I just don't understand some of these "rap" songs.)

In the end, my son asked me to dance, which was the highlight of the night for me...and I did dance....a little. It was a good time...I would do it again!! Jill

No comments: