Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Camp...continued...

I can just hear you now saying..."isn't that so sweet that the whole family went down to pick up Luke at camp. Even the teenagers were willing to get out of bed early to get Luke." Well, my friends, the kids were excited to see Luke, but they wanted to see this too.....
This is Bank Shot Basketball. It's a game at camp that the older boys had played when they went there many years ago. I'm not sure of the rules, but there are dozens of poles and hoops and bank boards and you get points for making shots off the bank boards into the hoops. Not really that exciting for me, but they spent a good 20 minutes reliving their past.

On the way home from camp, we drove by this cute little barn....fun!
Our tummies were growling after playing such a rough game of Bank shot Basketball, so we stopped for an early lunch. I couldn't believe it, when this came to our table...Andrew's lunch. Get this...open-faced meatloaf sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy and onion rings on top... with sides of corn, cottage cheese, a roll and coleslaw! HOLY COW!! Do you think this would fill up my 16year old??? Indeed, it did..... Jill

1 comment:

Caroline Shank said...

Hi Jill,

It sounds like Luke had a great time but I can't believe all those mosquito bites. Wow!

I love the picture of you and Anna.

Caroline