Thursday, July 10, 2008

Try it, you'll like it!!

I was telling a friend of mine about a new recipe that I had tried for dinner and that it was a big hit at our house. She encouraged me to "put it on the blog" so here goes....

Ground Beef and Mashed Potato Casserole
1 can (14.5 oz.) green beans, drained
1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
1 can of tomato soup
mashed potatoes (enough for an inch thick layer)
2 tablespoons butter
paprika

Preheat oven to 350. Put green beans in bottom of a 9 x 9 baking dish. Top with a layer of ground beef, layer tomato soup and a layer of mashed potatoes. Dot top with butter and sprinkle with paprika. Cover with foil, bake until heated through, about 30 minutes. ( Remove foil for the last 5 minutes to lightly brown the top.)

** Notes.... Of course, I doubled the recipe (using a 9 x 13) because I live with teenaged boys..... I also used the refrigerated bag of mashed potatoes to make it easy....also, I did not dot with butter and sprinkle with paprika.....and they still liked it!! Yea!! Some people in my house liked this with ketchup on top......ahem.....

This recipe was taken from a great book called "Apple Betty & Sloppy Joe...stirring up the past with Family recipes and Stories". IF you have any yummy recipes for me to try, please email them to me.....I'll try them!!! Enjoy!

No comments: