Thursday, May 27, 2010

We've gone to the birds.....

When we moved to this house, we realized that we had some very nice birds in the area.....I got so excited that I bought several bird books and songbird CD's. I really do appreciate the variety of birds.... this week, I caught a few visitors at the Oriole feeder. We put an orange on the top and grape jelly in the cup.....
We saw a GIANT red headed woodpecker....
a few purple finches....
and even the much awaited Baltimore Orioles....
I would like to say that we removed the window grate so we could see the bird feeder better, but actually, Bella, our Lab, likes to watch and chase away the squirrels that come to the feeder by "thumping " the window with her paws.....

here are a few more...... bluebirds....
and even this beautiful hawk....that hides in the bushes around my feeder.....very sneaky, Mr. Hawk......
I even enjoy the beauty of the chickadee, the cardinal and yes, even the Blue Jay.....


No comments: