Monday, March 25, 2013

Basketball, Browning Beef and Birds


 This weekend John and Luke drove to our cottage to watch unlimited basketball on tv and visit some good friends.  I stayed back at home to "taxi" Anna around to her various "social functions." =)  Ben had to work on Saturday, so he was home too.  Speaking of Ben, he worked his last day at the Piggly Wiggly on Saturday.  He was terribly distraught about it... Oh yes, and tennis season starts today!!!

While I had some time, I though I would try browning 5 pounds of hamburger in the crock pot.  I've heard of other people doing this and I wanted to give it a try.....



 It turned out pretty well...I did have to stir it and break the meat up every hour or so.  I bagged it up and it's now living in my freezer to be used at a later date....

I had time to sit and watch my birds at the feeder.  We had so many beautiful ones!  Here's one of the nuthatches that I saw....He is beautiful!!




No comments: