Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A day of GOLF!!!

No, what you are seeing is NOT a mirage.......Jill is actually golfing.......


Some friends and I went golfing today on a par 3 course. Now, we played 9 holes and it took us 3 hours....keep in mind, we skipped 3 holes!!!! We certainly didn't play the best or the fastest game of golf, but I bet we got in the most giggles.

Here are my friends Mrs. Peschek and Mrs. Gainer
My friend, and the best golfer of the group, Mrs. Gruber
and finally my friend, Mrs. Kahn ......and I in the golf cart.....
We had so many laughs, because really, not many of us golf...seriously. At the beginning of the game, we spent time yelling over to Mrs. Gruber saying...."What numbered club should we use?? Should we use one of these big ones or an iron?" She was very patient with us...

A few times, I even saw people throw the ball instead of hit it.....hmmmmm.....

And the times that we "whiffed" the ball...well, we just said that was a practice swing...because we are full of grace, people, don't ya know.

There was some dialogue that went on yesterday that absolutely cracked me up. One lady said "I feel good....I haven't said a bad word once." Another one said "At least I'm not in the sand trap"........we looked around and said "There are no sand traps here....."

and the best quote of the day...."We may not play good....but we LOOK good!!!"

Here I am ringing the bell, signaling the last hole.....
after golf, we had worked up such an appetite that we had to go out for Mexican food :)


did I mention that this was my best friend on hole # 5??










No comments: