Monday, March 16, 2009

Room Makeover Weekend...

John took all 4 kids(and 2 more) to the Wisconsin Dells for the weekend and left me here at home to have some peace and quiet. Well, once my friend, Wendy, caught wind of that, she headed up from Chicago and joined me at my quiet, peaceful house.

We weren't quiet for very long because we decided to give Andrew's (17 yr. old son) bedroom a makeover. I thought that it was probably time to get rid of the shelf made of baseball bats that he received as a present in 3rd grade. Time for an upgrade. Now, I would say that this makeover was more of an "organizational makeover" rather than a "knock down the wall, re-paint kind of makeover, so here are the results.....

BEFORE......



AFTER...
yes, be sure to click on the picture to see all of the beautiful organization. Wendy did such a great job...she was born to organize.....do you see all of the perfectly folded jeans and shorts on the shelf?? How about the "getting ready" station, filled with his eye drops and deodorant and cologne?? His closet even has a picture of John and I there...on the mirror.... it's as if we're saying " You look Mah-velous, buddy"

Yes, people, I did help with this job too...I obeyed Wendy when she said " these need to be wrinkle released in the dryer"...and off I went.... or when she said " could you hand me the screwdriver??..Oh, I was the best helper ever....

Here is the new comforter set and decor above the bed...... the guy loves tennis, can you tell?
The catfish on the bed is a joke....he's had that ugly thing for nearly 10 years...

Here's a picture of my dear friend, Wendy....she can do quite a balancing act putting up the "stuff". She measured using the kleenex box....one box up and one box over on each side. We tried not to use ANY Mathematics this weekend, so we had to get creative at times.
Here's the new bulletin board...all organized and just "so".....
Hmmm...I wonder how long the room and closet will stay this way........ :)

No comments: