Friday, November 28, 2008

The Trip

My Grandad's funeral was last Monday in Burlington, Iowa. Here are a few shots of Burlington that I took on the way out of town.....
My kids call this the "H" bridge....I guess you can figure out why..... Gramma Ellie says the "H" stands for "HELLO". (Not sure why all of the police men are gathered)

Also, check out the big building on the top of the hill......that's where I was born. It used to be a hospital-- but now it's a fancy restaurant...go figure. Oh yes, the new library is on the right.
The kids really enjoy going to visit the Grandparents (minus the long drive). Where else can you have a yummy steak dinner with all of your animal friends?? She took a bath with those animals too.
Gramma Sue and Grandpa Phil had never seen our new pup, Minnie....I think it helped to cheer up Gramma Sue when Min fell asleep in her lap.....it was good to see her smile!!!


No comments: