Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy 7th Birthday Anna!!

I can't believe it's been 7 years since Anna was born..... I remember the night I went into labor with her...right on my due date. I was watching the 10 pm news and my water broke. As I got dressed and ready to go, I came out of the bathroom and there was John, with my suitcase in his hand. He had his coat on and he was dangling the keys saying..."Let's go". I guess he knew that this might be a short labor. Because I hadn't had an epidural with any of the 3 boys, I was on a mission to get one for this birth. What a blessing it was at 11:30 pm when the anesthesiologist came in and administered the AWESOME epidural....I wanted to hug him!!!

John and I watched America's Funniest Animals on T.V. as we giggled and talked through the rest of the labor. It came time to push and I had convinced myself by this time that I surely would have another boy....even if the ultrasound had said differently. Just a few pushes and at 1:47 am Miss Anna Grace Peterson came into this world. I had to check to make sure that the doctor was right....she was certainly a girl. I fell in love with her right away and haven't stopped cherishing the unique bond that a Mom and daughter share..... Happy Birthday Sweets!!!


No comments: