Monday, September 15, 2008

And it rained and rained and rained....

Yes, we are just fine in the rain department after this weekend. The crispy grass of last week has now come back to life. We might actually have to mow...it's been a good 3 weeks since the last cutting. Well, let's see... the weekend..... oh, Miss Minnie had her 1st grooming appt. She smelled so good- you couldn't help but hold her and snuggle her.... and she was happy to give you kisses too.
The biggest thrill for me over the weekend was the opening of a new "upscale" grocery store about 10 minutes away. WOW...we had to go check it out!! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that this grocery store had carpeted aisles... unbelievable...I wouldn't bring little kids here who might accidentally knock over a pickle jar!!
and then there was the beautiful meat section....I will definitely make some purchases there...but not on that day. I really love the soup bar concept.... mmmmm.........smart choice for hard flooring here :)
and who wouldn't want to have an "olive bar" so close to your home.. (ahem) notice the granite counters too....
While my hubby thought it would be a good idea to do some grocery shopping, I had to practically hit him over the head to stop him from loading up the cart with items that were at least a dollar more than our beloved Piggly Wiggly. In the end, we walked away with some overpriced candy and an $8 loaf of pumpkin-apple bread.....I had to let him buy something!!!!! It was a fun trip!!

Other than that, we made a trip out to our garden and overlooked this interesting cucumber for a few weeks, obviously. Isn't it cute????
Hope you had a great weekend too!

No comments: