Thursday, June 12, 2008

Summer's 1st week....

Welcome to our first week of summer....for Ben Luke and Anna. My Mom has reminded me that this particular week in the year is usually a doosy for me. It usually includes things like assigning daily chores, new bedtimes, redefining the rules around the computer/Wii, discussing issues of hygiene (ewww) and enforcing those rules (the hardest part). So far, I think we are doing pretty well.

The issue that confuses me is How do you get kids to sleep in??? Many days this week, all of the boys were up by 7:15 am. Sorry folks, but that makes for one long day for this Mommy when they don't go to bed until 10 pm. Do you have any suggestions??? Please leave them in my comments section.....

As for yesterday, Ben and Luke were up by 7 am, so I got smart and set out a 100 piece puzzle for them to complete after they had eaten breakfast. Wow, they were excited to take on a challenge and had it completed by 7:30 am. So much for giving them something to do that would take up time......
Ya know, I should stop complaining about my early morning risers and just think about how well adjusted they will be when they're older and have to get up for work early..... it is then, when they'll want to sleep late..... Jill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you get a good suggestion, let me know. My kiddo is up at 6am every day!