Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

First of all, Happy Mother's Day to Grandma Sue and Grandma Ellie... hope your day was full of fun and relaxation. We couldn't ask for more supportive, loving and encouraging Grandma's (Moms).


The weekend was great! A perfect mix of friends, being outside and relaxation. My pampering started on Saturday night when we went out for dinner. I had chosen a restaurant in our area that is VERY popular so we couldn't get a table until 8pm so I decided that The Cracker Barrel would be a fine choice too. Hey, whatever, I wasn't cooking or doing dishes!!!! Here's a silly photo outside of the restaurant--needless to say, we had a fun dinner.....

On Sunday morning, the kids got up and fixed me a wonderful pancake breakfast, and overloaded me with nice cards (more on that later this week).

We attended church and then Mom wanted to go to see a movie, so we loaded up the car and saw NIM'S ISLAND as a family.

When it was dinnertime, John treated me to his famous grilled chicken, his grilled potatoes and onions and fresh green beans.....YUM. YUM. YUM.

The evening was good--I didn't see a lick of sports on the television all weekend. I didn't do ANY laundry all weekend, or cook or clean...Hmmmm, I guess I know what I will be doing today!!! Hope your Mother's Day was FABULOUS!! Jill

No comments: