Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Works for me.....



In the summertime, we don't usually take a big vacation, we just spend time each month at our house up north...we call it the "Chalet." We usually take two cars when we go and I come back home a few days earlier than the rest of the family( my oldest child comes with me.) This gives me a chance to recharge a little bit and have some time for myself. John thoroughly enjoys the time, too, because he gets to spend LOTS of time with the kids. It works for us!!! Here are a few pictures from our trip earlier this week...

First of all, let me tell you that IT RAINED EVERY DAY!!!! We usually have our hearts set on swimming and golfing and playing tennis and riding bikes...well none of that happened! We tried to make the best of it though...
We read a lot of these...


and played lots of quadruple solitaire!


and look who watched High School Musical 2--and the girl that didn't(she watched it the day before)


we went for a "girlie lunch" while the boys and Dad spent the day at the BIG waterpark nearby...




and here's the REAL reason we go to the chalet.... the chicken from a local bar!!! Look at it...look how HUGE it is!!!! It's so yummy.



and the kids did a little, OK, A LOT of this...

and this too...


So--that's what you do on a rainy vacation with 6 people and an old dog!! Come on sunny weather!!!! Jill

No comments: