Friday, August 3, 2007

The Oil Change

The other day a picture of a wrench appeared on the dashboard of my new car. I was quite alarmed and quickly pulled out the manual that would tell me what it meant. Needless to say, duh, it told me I needed maintenance......code for...oil change. Since it was a new car and all, I figured the guys at my local Jiffy Lube wouldn't know how to make the picture of that wrench go away, so I took it to the dealership to deal with the maintenence (a first for me.)

Well, 3 of the kids went with me on this jaunt south of us about 30 minutes (hey, it got them off the computer/video games.) We pulled up to the dealership and pulled right into the service stall. I nice gentleman said "Hello, Jill, you're right on time." "Wow", I thought, "they know me!" I lead the children through the service door and into the waiting room. Well, if my kid's eyes' didn't just pop out of their sweet little heads....a whole buffet of baked goods appeared to them. They really flipped when I told them to open up the fridge and pick out something to drink. Luke said .."FOR FREE?" Imagine the goofy grins on their faces!! We brought some cards along to pass the time (not to mention the rather large plasma screen tv on the wall.) Pretty soon, the same man came into the waiting area and called my name. He walked me to the courtesy counter where I paid for my service. When I finished paying the bill, the woman handed me my receipt AND 4 water bottles and 4 bags of chocolate chip cookies. "Unbelievable," I thought. "My kids are NEVER going to eat dinner tonight." We rode all of the way back home without a single fight--just goofy, chocolate smiles. Jill

A group of fisherman left my house at 4am this morning, headed for the big lake....pictures posted later today!!!!

No comments: