Friday, June 29, 2007

Why didn't someone tell me?

I'm feeling really silly right now. All because of a fact that I simply didn't know. Can you believe that no one told me?? What IS it you ask?


IT'S IMPOSSIBLE FOR THREE GIRLS TO PLAY TOGETHER WITHOUT SOMEONE'S FEELINGS GETTING HURT.

Now I could plead "ignorance" but really---you can throw 3 or 5 or 7 boys together and they play just fine. No squabbles, no tears. Wow, did I learn my lesson yesterday. The first 20 minutes were filled with "jockeying for position" as I call it. Who will lead? Who will decide what we play next? and of course the ever dramatic "She's not playing with me." Oh, the tears we had..... and they came from my daughter.

It's also good to know that after a change of pace (going outside) all of the issues worked themselves out and they played happily the rest of the day.
Have a GREAT weekend! Jill

Anna (on the left) and her friends

No comments: