Friday, June 1, 2007

The Progression of Pancakes

It seems to me that people around my house are getting a little too "uppity" about their pancakes. Hubby was gone overnight a few days ago and, well, I just didn't sleep that well and I was up at 4 am. I decided I would be a good Mommy and make a big breakfast for everyone. I made pancakes and sausage- YUM!

The kids pulled themselves out of their warm beds and made it to the kitchen table with no problem. I had set out the butter and syrup and everyone's plate so they would be ready to go. Then the commotion started. Ben was up scurrying around the kitchen, digging through my pantry. You see, it all started with a trip to Missouri.....

My cousins children taught my children that the "norm" for pancakes was to put peanut butter on them and then top them with syrup. Whatever happened to just butter and syrup??

Have my children become high maintenance??

Then came the 6th grade trip to an overnight camp. Ben was then taught not only to put peanut butter and syrup on top but ALSO the pancakes needed to be sprinkled with powdered sugar. Give me strength!!

So by the end of breakfast, my table was full of dishes, peanut butter smears, syrup drips, sticky utensils and powdered snow! Whew!

What's next for the progression of pancakes?? If your family does something different with pancake toppings, please don't invite one of my kids over...we can't fit much more on our table!!!! Blessings- Jill

No comments: